Welcome to Cariocafreeculture. Below is a description about each of our three services. Please contact us if you have any questions.
* For Private Custom City Tours , Contact Luis Darin who helps you create your own itinerary. Call him to arrange the tour where you to see the places you want!
+55 21 991 688 150 or Click to visit his website:
Here you’ll find his references on Trip Advisor .
Come with us to explore Rocinha the biggest favela in South America.
Here, you come in as our family, visiting our home.
Rocinha is not a “tourist attraction”, but real life, a real place, where real people live.
- Our visit is 3-4 hours
- We meet in front of in Leblon
- Be prepared to ride a motorcycle! (van ride is optional)
- Be ready for lots of up and down hill walking.
- Come see some of the most spectacular views in Rio and meet the local people.
- Bring your camera if you would like, but please be respectful of the residents.
If you have a disability of any kind that does not allow for a lot of walking and or riding a motorcyle, just let us know when you contact us so we can customize your tour accordingly
What looks like a giant web and maze of homes, restaurants, bars, shops, produce stands… you name it Rocinha has it… is “home” to thousands.
Before moving into Vidigal, the little brother of Rocinha on the other side of dois irmãos, Rodrigo lived here for 27 years, and the rest of his family still does. He has his own perspective that he wants to share with you.
Come share your perspective today…
The view from a friend’s home in Rocinha
Come and hike up the famous Morro do Dois Irmãos. The start of the trail begins at the top of the favela of Vidigal.
- Take a moto-taxi in Vidigal to the start of our trail.
- The hike to the top takes about an hour and a half, an hour back down
- Enjoy the summit for about 30 minutes
- Afterwards, walk down Vidigal and get to know the community
- Total tour time- approximately 3-4 hours
- We meet at the entrance of Vidigal
The trail is moderate, no ropes needed! We would suggest wearing long pants and long sleeves or be prepared to have sticks, spikes and various plants rub against your arms and legs. Bring water! It is a good idea to bring a snack or lunch to have a picnic on the top while taking in the view.
Making it to the Top of Dois Irmãos!